You Will Not Believe This, but…
Lately I have been noticing a lot of things that keep reminding me of age and all beliefs that I have associated with Age, and I had to smirk at myself.
You know how it goes, whatever you do, wherever you go, random conversations you have, places you see, advertising you notice, articles you read, somehow majority of them end up being about that one thing (whatever that is) and you start getting a bit annoyed, paranoid or flat-out not happy. You try to ignore it but it keeps popping into your awareness. And then you reach the point when you have to pay attention and figure out why as you know, it will not go away till yo sort it out, understand and put it to rest.
For example, the other day I was thinking about kids and the purpose of having kids. What have we been taught? You have kids because:
- We are built to create a life and not left human race to die out
- One of the potential purposes of life is to create a family (two adults and children) as that is almost the only way to be happy.
- It brings purpose to our lives. We leave something great or not so great behind.
- We will be taken care of when we get old (could or could not happen)
- There will be somebody to bury you and take care of your grave (more or less, this is just the Eastern European thinking)
- You want kids, you like kids, you can’t imagine not having one or two
- Just because there was an accident and we do not believe in or can’t afford abortion
What does it have to do with age? Well, as older you get as more pressure there is. Our Biological ticker is sticking and everybody knows – it is not suggested for a woman to have kids after 35 because…all kinds of fun stuff.
Another example, it is a wide-spread belief that you can’t do or shouldn’t do something because you are old, older, getting there, too young, and etc.
I climb mountains, I get into caves, I bike, and I do all kinds of crazy shit that according to some people I should not be doing because people my age do not do that. Of course, all kinds of fun explanations, reasons, and proofs…
But I have a question that you have already seen at least once in your life:
How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
So, You Will Not Believe This, but time is a concept that humans invented. If you do not know how old you are, do you know what you could or could not do due to your age or common understanding that this or that is something that people at a certain age just do not do?
My point is – if you do not know how old you are, there are no limitations to what you can do. There might be limitations based on your physical ability, weight, height, vision, lung capacity but, definitely, not based on your age.